Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd
Product Name: Corn Stigma Extract Latin Name: Stigma Maydis Part Used: Corn Silk Appearance: Brown yellow fine powder Specification: 5:1, 10:1, 20:1,1%-5% Active ingredients:Beta-sitosterol Test Method: TLCChat Now
Corn is a grass which can grow up to 3 meter. Corn forms thick stems with long leaves. The flowers of corn are monoecious: each corn plant forms male and female flowers. The male flowers form the tassel at the top and produce yellow pollen. The female flowers are situated in leave axils and form stigmas or corn silk (yellow soft threads). The purpose of the cornsilk is to catch the pollen. The corn silk is normally light green but can have other colours such as yellow, yellow or light brown.
Corn silk extract can be used in conditions of high uric acid such as gout and some types of arthritis. It helps to reduce conditions of painful swelling. Corn silk extract is used for a wide range of genito-urinary complaints, but it is often combined with herbs that have more antiseptic qualities, while corn stigma helps soothe irritated tissue. Even though it is diuretic,corn silk extract can also benefit frequent urination by soothing bladder irritation. Chinese research indicates that corn stigma reduces hypertension and reduces blood clotting time.
Product Name: Corn Stigma Extract
Latin Name: Stigma Maydis
Part Used: Corn Silk
Appearance: Brown yellow fine powder
Specification: 5:1, 10:1, 20:1,1%-5%
EINECS NO: 201-480-6
Molecular Formula: C29H50O
Test Method: TLC
Place of Origin: China
Storage: Store in a cool & dry area, keep away from the direct light and heat.
Validity: Two years if properly stored.
Shelf Life: Two years under well storage situation and stored away from direct sun light.
It has the effects of diuresis, reducing blood suger,cholagogue function and stanch
1. Diuretic effects: Corn on the person or rabbits have a diuretic effect, can increase the amount of chloride discharge, but are less effective. Methanol-insoluble part of its water extract after dialysis were (a) the strongest diuretic effect, whether oral, subcutaneous or intravenous injections have a significant effect. Diuresis is mainly extra-renal in nature, the role of the kidneys is very weak.
2. For the role of the circulatory system: decoction of intravenous anesthesia in dogs a marked hypotensive effect, but the dog with chronic carotid artery skin bridge, daily medication for 3 weeks, no antihypertensive effect. A at low concentrations on the role of peripheral blood vessels to expand.
3. Lower blood sugar: the fermentation of corn to be agents of the rabbits have a very significant reduction in blood sugar.
4. Can be used as choleretic drug for uncomplicated chronic cholecystitis, cholangitis in patients with bile discharge barriers. It can also speed up the process of blood clotting and increase blood levels of thrombin yuan, increased platelet count, they can be used as a styptic and diuretic and urinary bladder stones.
5. Of sweet corn to be short and flat, portal triad, kidney, bladder through, with diuretic swelling, Pinggan gallbladder function, indication of acute and chronic nephritis, edema, acute cholecystitis, bile duct stones and high blood pressure and so on. Modern pharmacological studies have shown that corn must be included in a large number of potassium nitrate, vitamin K, sitosterol, stigmasterol, and a volatile alkaloid. There diuretic, blood pressure, lowering blood sugar, bleeding, gallbladder and so on.
1. Applied in pharmaceutical field,corn silk extract can be used as medicine to treat uncomplicated chronic cholecystitis;
2. Applied in health food field, corn silk extract can be made into preparations to play diuretic and antihypertensive function;
3. Applied in food field, corn silk extract antimicrobial activity in a specific environment is stability, therefore can be used as a potential food preservative.
Copyright © Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd All Rights Reserved.