Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd
Product Name: Astaxanthin Appearance: Dark Red Fine Powder CAS:472-61-7 Specification: Astaxanthin1.5%, 2%, 2.5%, 3%, 3.5%, 5%, 10% Place of Origin: China Test Method:HPLC
Astaxanthin is a keto-carotenoid. It belongs to a larger class of chemical compounds known as terpenes, which are built from five carbon precursors; isopentenyl diphosphate and dimethylallyl diphosphate. Astaxanthin is classified as a xanthophyll (originally derived from a word meaning "yellow leaves" since yellow plant leaf pigments were the first recognized of the xanthophyll family of carotenoids), but currently employed to describe carotenoid compounds that have oxygen-containing moities, hydroxyl or ketone, such as zeaxanthin and canthaxanthin. Indeed, astaxanthin is a metabolite of zeaxanthin and/or canthaxanthin, containing both hydroxyl and ketone functional groups. Like many carotenoids, astaxanthin is a colorful, lipid-soluble pigment. This colour is due to the extended chain of conjugated (alternating double and single) double bonds at the centre of the compound. This chain of conjugated double bonds is also responsible for the antioxidant function of astaxanthin (as well as other carotenoids) as it results in a region of decentralized electrons that can be donated to reduce a reactive oxidizing molecule.
Astaxanthin, unlike several carotenes and one other known carotenoid, is not converted to vitamin A (retinol) in the human body. Like other carotenoids, astaxanthin has self-limited absorption orally and such low toxicity by mouth that no toxic syndrome is known. It is an antioxidant with a slightly lower antioxidant activity in some model systems than other carotenoids. However, in living organisms the free-radical terminating effectiveness of each carotenoid is heavily modified by its lipid solubility, and thus varies with the type of system being protected.
While astaxanthin is a natural dietary component, it can also be used as a food supplement. The supplement is intended for human, animal, and aquaculture consumption. The industrial production of astaxanthin comes from both natural and synthetic sources.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved astaxanthin as a food coloring (or color additive) for specific uses in animal and fish foods. The European Commission considers it food dye and it is given the E number E161j. Natural astaxanthin is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the FDA, but as a food coloring in the United States it is restricted to use in animal food.
Red Algae Haematococcus Pluvialis
Trans-Astaxanthin; Haematococcus Powder
Dark Red Fine Powder
Astaxanthin1.5%, 2%, 2.5%, 3%, 3.5%, 5%, 10%
596.84 g mol-1
Place of Origin
Shaanxi, China (Mainland)
Store in a cool & dry area, keep away from the direct light and heat
Two years under well storage situation and stored away from direct sun light
1. With the function of natural food pigment,Astaxanthin has rich nutritional value and good coloring effect.
2. Astaxanthin has excellent oxidation resisting activity, in terms of free radical scavenging activity is 1000 times higher than the natural VE.
3. Astaxanthin can prevent arteriosclerosis and relative diseases.
4. Astaxanthin can be used as anticancer activity to strengthen the functions of immune system.
5. Enhance the health of central nervous system.
6. Intensify energy metabolism of organism.
1. Applied in food field, it is mainly used as food additives for pigment and health care.
2. Applied in animal feeds field, it is used as an new animal feed additive to impart coloration, including farm-raised salmon and egg yolks.
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used to prevent cancer and anti-oxidant.
4. Applied in cosmetic field, it is mainly used to Antioxidant and UV protection.
Copyright © Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd All Rights Reserved.