Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd
English Name: Wild Yam Root Extract Powder Appearance: White Fine Powder Specification:5:1-20:1,Diosgenin 6%~98% Test Method:UV
Wild Yam (Dioscorea villosa) is a plant used widely as an herbal supplement to treat menstrual cramps, nausea, hot flashes and morning sickness. The root and bulb of the plant supposedly contain diosgenin which is a chemical compound that mimics human hormones and is used for making various steroids, such as progesterone and ehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). But consuming diosgenin in its natural state may not be effective as the human body cannot transform the same into progesterone; the process can only be conducted in a laboratory.
Wild yam grows in the form of a tuberous vine and has more than 600 species of which only 12 known varieties are consumable. Some of the more commonly found species that might contain diosgenin are Chinese yam, Mexican wild yam, American yam, Atlantic yam, China root, Mexican Yam, Wild Mexican Yam.
Product Name: Wild Yam Root Extract Powder
Latin Name: Dioscorea oppositae thunb.
Part Used: Root
Appearance: White Fine Powder
Odor &Taste: Characteristic
Specification: Diosgenin 6%~98%
Test Method: HPLC
CAS NO.: 512-04-9
Place of Origin: China
Storage: Store in a cool & dry area, keep away from the direct light and heat.
Validity: Two years if properly stored.
Shelf Life: Two years under well storage situation and stored away from direct sun light.
1. Replenishing the spleen and stomach.
2. Promoting fluid secretion and benefiting the lung.
3. Strengthening the kidney and restraining seminal discharge.
4. Increasing the hormones and regulating the body functions.
5. Lower blood pressure, prevent cardiovascular diseases and inflammation, protect the liver.
1. Relieve intestinal colic, to soothe diverticulitis, ease dysmenorrhoea and ovarian and uterine pains.
2.Used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, especially the acute phase where there is intense inflammation.
Copyright © Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd All Rights Reserved.