Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd
Product Name:Fennel Extract Part Used: Seed Appearance: Brown Fine Powder Specification: 5:1-20:1Chat Now
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) is a plant species in the genus Foeniculum. It is a member of the family Apiaceae (formerly the Umbelliferae). It is a hardy, perennial, umbelliferous herb, with yellow flowers and feathery leaves. It is indigenous to the shores of the Mediterranean but has become widely naturalized in many parts of the world, especially on dry soils near the sea-coast and on riverbanks. It is a highly aromatic and flavorful herb with culinary and medicinal uses and, along with the similar-tasting anise, is one of the primary ingredients of absinthe.
Florence fennel or finocchio is a selection with a swollen, bulb-like stem base that is used as a vegetable. Fennel contains anethole, which can explain some of its medical effects: it, or its polymers, act as phytoestrogens. Fennel is widely employed as a carminative, both in humans and in veterinary medicine, to treat flatulence by encouraging the expulsion of intestinal gas. Anethole is responsible for the carminative action.
Product Name: Fennel Extract
Latin Name: Fructus Foeniculi
Part Used: Seed
Appearance: Brown Fine Powder
Specification: 5:1, 10:1, 20:1
Test Method: TLC
Place of Origin: China
Storage: Store in a cool & dry area, keep away from the direct light and heat.
Validity: Two years if properly stored.
Shelf Life: Two years under well storage situation and stored away from direct sun light.
1. It can improve eyesight. It is often used in tonics to clear cloudy eyes. Extracts of fennel seed have been shown to have a potential use in the treatment of glaucoma.
2. Fennel can be used as a diuretic and it can be an effective diuretic and a potential drug for treatment of hypertension.
3. Fennel is a galactogogue, improving the milk supply of a breastfeeding mother. Fennel is a source of phytoestrogens, which promote growth of breast tissue.
4. Fennel is very useful for chronic coughs treatment.
5. It has been used as an appetite suppressant and to treat stomach problems. The seeds known to be carminative have served in cases of flatulent colic and abdominal cramps.
6. It has also been used in the treatment of gout and tonsillitis, and as an eyewash for pink eye and ulcers on the eye. Fennel is said to possess estrogenic properties and may have a positive effect on menopause and PMS.
1. Applied in food field, used as raw materials of tea get good reputation;
2. Applied in health product field , it can be used as the raw materials to enhance the immunity of human body;
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, to be added into capsule to reduce blood sugar.
Copyright © Shaanxi Bolin Biotechnology Co.,Ltd All Rights Reserved.